Pages

Sunday, December 21, 2014

Live To Love An Addict

Long ago I learned that to love an addict I must first embrace the pain within. To reconcile myself to the past pains of addiction allowed me to reach beyond my scorn. Only then was I enabled to harmonize living and loving. This I needed to do--for myself.

I Live To Love An Addict Poem by Ruth Cox


Self-respect is the life-giving force enabling one a rebirth in the aftermath of contempt toward oneself as well as the addict one loves.


Loving an Addict, Loving Yourself




This book (with its companion workbook) by Candace Plattor will help you learn more about loving an addict by learning more about loving yourself.





This love-hate relationship with addicts poem is inspired by Len Maxwell and is my response to his Saturday Writing Essential challenge of Twisted Emotions.

No comments:

Post a Comment