Pages

Friday, March 6, 2015

Anticipating Spring Renewal

Each year at this time I always seem to have birth and rebirth in mind, anticipating Spring as a time of renewal for all living things.

On a walk with my dog this afternoon I spied an almost colorless single daffodil growing wild in a neighbor's yard. Through an array of growth of twigs and twining things, I envisioned the beauty her garden would bring come Spring.

Nearing home, I decided to sit in the back yard with my dog for a bit. I noticed the neighboring Plum tree beginning to come alive with its white blossoms. As I took a picture of a branch against the cloud covered blue sky, I felt as though I were sneaking a peek into the future with my cell phone camera's eye.

I sighed, "Spring is near," as I glanced at my dog Valentino sitting at my feet, eagerly anticipating the treat he had come to expect for his good behavior while I took photos. As Valentino munched on his Good Reasons dog treat gift from a friend, I smiled.

Anticipating Spring Renewal of Living Things
(Click the picture for a larger view.)

I knew change was in the air, more than just a seasonal thing. I knew that a major life move was soon to take place for me and my canine friend.

As I thought about our future together, again I smiled. For I also knew that no matter the anxiety I felt over a major life change I was sure of one thing ... My dog and I would be anticipating all that this new life adventure might bring — Together.


This article is my first in the 26-Week ABC Challenge of emotion identification and creative expression through poetry and prose. In case you had not yet guessed, the topic began with the letter "A" for ANTICIPATING.

Read all about this ABC Challenge and join us right here on this blog each week as we write about emotional things from A to Z.


Get the InLinkz code for your ABC Challenge post.

No comments:

Post a Comment