Pages

Friday, March 27, 2015

Determined Spirit

One need only look to nature for that which inspires one to stay determined to stand with a robust spirit along the road map of life.


I waited patiently while I watched the vibrant red flowers come to life on a Florida Bottlebrush tree. (And I am not a patient person!) Each day a little more red would rise on the flower's journey to reach full bloom of its color.


I learned from the Bottlebrush flower that even though there are times when I may feel lost and without direction if I but stay the course I shall reach my destination with my sunshine spirit intact.



Determination
©Ruth Cox

Directionless feeling
Devalued
Darest not to despair.

Dedicated notion
Devoted
Driven never dauntless.

Delirious spirit
Determined
Drawn toward debonair.



   
Grow Your Own Bottlebrush Tree

Disclosure: Ruth Cox is an associate of Amazon.com and may earn sales commissions via purchases made through links on this article.


This poetry and prose is part of the 26-Week ABC Challenge of emotions. This week's topic begins with the letter "D" — in my case, for DETERMINED. (As well as a few other letter "D" emotions.)

Read all about the ABC Challenge and join us right here on this blog each week as we write about emotions from A to Z.


Get the InLinkz code for your article.

No comments:

Post a Comment